The number of gadgets has multiplied in the modern world, and you cannot even calculate the actual number of gadgets available in the market. Because every day hundreds of new products are being introduced in the market. Indeed humanity is witnessing the most innovative decade of its being. Also, if we take a look, we will come to know that even though the products are equipped with the utmost specifications, there are still some factors that reduce their life, and it might depend upon a single component.
Especially if we talk about the projectors, then the projector’s bulb has a specific lifetime. Once it passes that mark, its brightness will be lowered and later on decrease constantly to a mark of zero. The below-mentioned details will help you out in finding how long does a projector bulb last.
How Long Does A Projector Bulb Last And The Factors Affecting It?
Although we have witnessed a specific figure is provided with the product regarding the lamp life once you purchase it. But, life also depends upon various other conditions. These conditions can also enhance and, on the other hand, decrease the bulb’s life of a projector.
Before going into the details, it is of the utmost importance that we determine the average lifetime of the projector lamps. Then according to the available estimates, it is evident that the projector lamps last for almost 1500 to 2000 hours. This number can vary. Below we have mentioned some of the factors that affect the life of a projector lamp for the enhancement of your knowledge:
- Type of the lamp being used
- Standard projector lamp
- LED projector Lamp
- Laser Projector lamp
- The environmental factors
- The usage of the projector
To understand the life span of the projector bulbs, it is of the utmost importance that all of these factors are studied in detail. So below, you will find an in-depth analysis of all the factors involved giving you accurate details.
- The Type Of Lamp Being Used
There are three different types of lamps used in the projectors for the perfect video display. All of these bulbs have different characteristics and a varying lifespan. Therefore, we have discussed all of these types one by one below for the enhancement of your knowledge:
- Standard Projector Lamp
If we study the features and specifications of a standard projector lamp, we will know that it has a metal or ARC halide lamp and ultra-high-pressure mercury vapor inside the bulb. A practically similar UHP lamp is currently being branded by the world-renowned organization, Phillips. This type of bulb has a different range of life span. In this category, you will find bulbs ranging between 1000 hours to 5000 hours with the value of 1500 hours, 2000 hours, and 3000 hours.
- LED Projector Lamps
In the modern world, LED technology is getting more renowned than bulbs with gas-filled inside. The reason is that the lifespan of these bulbs is longer than their counterparts. A single look at the figures will help determine that the LED bulbs’ lifespan is manifold greater than the halide bulbs. According to an estimate, these bulbs have a life of 60,000 hours, with the highest mark. This is a fascinating detail because when compared with the halide bulbs, it is almost 20 folds greater.
- Laser Projector Lamp
These are one of the most advanced projector lamps. Since they make use of the light amplification by stimulated emission of electromagnet radiation technology, they have a higher life span too. According to an estimate, it is observed that the lifespan of the bulbs stands at a mark of 20000 hours. This is a fascinating number, and it is four times greater than the halide bulb with the highest life span. Thus, giving you the information that they can last for almost a decade. Also, if they are used carefully, then they can last longer
- The Environmental Factors
The environmental factors play a vital role in determining the lifespan of the bulb installed in a projector.
- If we start with the air quality, then it has a significant impact on the life of the bulb. The reason is that the impure air and environment have several contaminants that can negatively impact the quality of the bulb, thus reducing life.
- Also, the dust present in the environment can clog the filters of the fans. Thus, the efficiency of the fans is reduced. This, in turn, increases the heat in the projector, and the overheated bulb witnesses a reduced life span.
- The temperature fluctuations also have a significant impact on the life span of the projectors. The extremities in temperature can impart highly adverse effects on the life of the projectors. Such as, in a space that is too hot, the bulb will get heated enough, and the fans will not be able to maintain the temperature of the device, thus reducing its efficiency and lifespan.
- The Usage Of The Projector
The usage of any product plays a vital role in determining its life span. There are two different types of users.
- First of all, if we take a look, we will know that the users who use the projectors with care and perform regular maintenance witness an increased lifespan.
- Comparatively, the projectors used roughly and without any proper maintenance witness a lower lifetime.
How frequently you use the projector and how long you use it matters a lot. A more frequent usage with short intervals is advised to provide a resting time for the bulb to reduce the temperature, thus increasing life and efficiency.
There are hundreds of projectors available in the market. If you wonder how long a projector bulb lasts, then every product will have a different answer. But the details mentioned above and characteristics will help you determine the projector’s lifespan in your usage.